Thursday, January 10, 2008

CRIMPS

So, I'm working on this ultra low budget indie horror movie called CRIMPS. I am the Production Coordinator and 2nd AD and I'm coordinating the extras. Multiple duties is par for the course for this type of production. I think it's going to be fun, though! We're shooting weekends in Astoria, OR on the northern Oregon coast. Our first location this weekend is the very impressive Columbia River Maritime Museum. My only concern is travel out to the coast. There is a severe weather alert in effect through Friday morning which is supposed to dump up to two feet of snow in the mountain passes. I don't have problems about driving in the snow but a lot of people don't know how to and that causes accidents. Also, if they close down the hwy then I'm kinda stuck.

We still have a few holes in our crew but we should be able to manage this first weekend. We only have four scenes and they all take place in the same location.

The extras are not coming through like I was hoping but I think we'll have enough. I will be pulling crew in as atmosphere, too.

I'll let you know how the weekend went when I get back to Portland on Monday.

I'm also working on a one day gig through Studiobard on Friday. Which means that I will have to drive to Astoria at wrap. I'm not gonna get ANY sleep!

1 comment:

Harold Phillips said...

You've got yourself a busy busy life, lady... drive safe out there! Bring a blanket and thermos of coffee just in case!